GRENADA TOURISM AUTHORITY VACANCIES
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
The Grenada Tourism Authority is seeking to recruit a Human resource Officer. This represents an outstanding opportunity for a high calibre Human Resource Professional to join the newest and most progressive Tourism Authority in the Eastern Caribbean.
HUMAN RESOURCES (HR) OFFICER - DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assist with the preparation, documentation and researching of information to support collective bargaining and negotiations
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures as necessary and monitor the distribution of the same to ensure that managers and employees are compliant with regulations and procedures throughout the organization
- Collate and analyze data from departmental records
- Identify trends and flag areas that require intervention
- Complete training needs and analyze and co-ordinate training programmes
- Work with Senior managers to ensure compliance with all labour legislation
- Document and update HR procedures for the department
- Participate in applicant interviews as required
- Work with other managers to create and implement a sustainable recognition and reward programme for employees
- Administer employment contracts, keep contract terms under review and supervises contract renewals and terminations
- Provide basic counselling to employees who have performance related concerns
- Assist in the implementation of health and safety standards and monitors compliance across the organization
- Perform such administrative duties as may be required for the efficient functioning of the department
- Any other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
Our preferred candidate must possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or a relevant professional qualification and at least five (5) years’ experience in a Generalist HR role
- Excellent leadership qualities, administrative, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational capabilities, working knowledge of e-business, computer literacy and the ability to produce own documents.
- Excellent negotiating and analytical skills
- Experience gathered in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of labour legislation in Grenada OR
- Relevant experience in a related discipline
To apply please forward your application with curriculum vitae on or before December 28th, 2015 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Grenada Tourism Authority
St Georges, Grenada
Or Email to: email@example.com