Homestay is a programme undertaken by the Grenada Tourism Authority, aimed at increasing the number of quality rooms needed to augment the room stock and meet the demands of the Homestay Tourist. This programme invites Grenadian nationals and citizens with available rooms in their private homes to make these available to visitors for short-term rental.
About the Host Homes
Host Homes are private, owner-occupied residences ranging from the simple to the elegant. Each home is different and decorated imaginatively to reflect the host's personal taste.
Hosts are individuals who enjoy meeting other people by sharing their homes and communities.
Approved Host Homes will be:
- Marketed by The Grenada Tourism Authority’s (GTA) offices
- Listed on GTA's Website
- Able to participate in all training offered by GTA
The programme is open to nationals and citizens of Grenada only.
This programme does not extend to:
- Apartments let for residential purposes for periods exceeding two months
- Premises used exclusively for the accommodation of persons in religious, educational or charitable institutions
- Hotels, Guesthouses and Villas.
- A person who wishes to participate in GTA’s Homestay Programme must apply for an inspection of the Host Home by completing and submitting the requisite application form to the Grenada Tourism Authority.
- Upon successful inspection, GTA will issue a certificate of registration, which will be valid for one (1) year, providing the minimum requirements for registration are upheld.
- A person who operates a host home shall apply annually to GTA for renewal of their registration certificate.