Grenada National Museum
Corner of Young & Monckton Street,
1 (473) 440 3725
The structure of the Grenada National Museum was built by the French in 1704 and was part of the foundations of Fort George complex. The British used it as a female prison until 1880. The building housed three hotels, and then also a warehouse of a local merchant. The Grenada National Museum was opened in 1976. The museum displays historical artifacts and exhibits related to the island. Collections include, but are not limited to slavery, first inhabitants, plantation economy, whaling & fishing archaeology and early transport & technology.